Friday, October 25, 2013

Hiring Wisdom: Here’s Why You Always Need to Hire For Attitude

Recently, I received an email offering a lifetime membership in my high school’s alumni network for half price (all of $29.95, so the following is not about the money).


I replied: “If I do not perceive I am getting any value after I join, do I have the right to cancel?”


Here is the actual response: “Please read our Terms of Service. We do not issue refunds. Sincerely, Dee Dee.”


Always hire for attitude, train for skills


While this may be a factual answer, someone with a customer service attitude would have answered differently. For instance: “Thanks for your inquiry. I am sorry to say we have a “no refund” policy. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions or concerns.”


This is why it will always serve you best to hire for attitude and train for skills.


If you need customer service, hire a customer service attitude.


If you need safety, hire a safety attitude.


If you need dependability, hire a dependability attitude.


If you need a team player, hire a team player attitude.


via Hiring Wisdom: Here’s Why You Always Need to Hire For Attitude.



Share Button

Hiring Wisdom: Here’s Why You Always Need to Hire For Attitude